Here at Wello, video visits with a nurse practitioner are a lot like a face-to-face appointment. When 1 out of 5 Canadians reported waiting 7 or more days to receive medical attention, we’re proud to offer a solution that’s fast, secure and convenient.
Here are just some of the things we can deliver, treat and diagnose over video:
- Skin rashes and allergic reactions
- Determining if you’ve got a cold or the flu
- Care advice for elderly parents
- Stress management and mental health
- Specialist referrals
- Prescription refills
- …and more!
Through telemedicine, nurse practitioners can do much of what a doctor can do, without holding you up in a stuffy waiting room or forcing you to take time off from work. Next time you’re seeking health advice or treatment, try Wello.
Here’s what you can expect from a video visit with a nurse practitioner:
- Observation: facial expressions, movement, and skin colour. We’ll observe if you’re grimacing when you move, if your skin is pale or jaundiced and if your lips and fingernails are discoloured.
- Symptom Check: pain, discomfort, and mobility issues. We’ll ask you to point out where your symptoms are originating from along with the frequency and severity. Whether your symptoms arise before or after eating, when laying down or when you’re exerting yourself is part of our diagnosis.
- History: family medical history, pre-existing condition, past surgeries, allergies as well as current and past medications. We want to understand the whole picture.
- Relieving Factors: current treatments and relief. We’ll ask if any medications or treatment have helped to alleviate symptoms.
You might be surprised to know that even before our Wello Nurse Practitioners use their stethoscope, they already have a pretty good idea of what might be ailing the client!
How Can You Schedule a Video Visit?
- Register on our secure video platform, Medeo
- Sign-in to your Medeo account to request a video appointment. You can also call 403-648-2120 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Look out for an email confirmation with appointment details: date, time and video link.
- In the video portal at your scheduled appointment time, you will be prompted to indicate your reason for the visit.
- Lastly, your Nurse Practitioner will ‘meet’ you online, it’s that simple!
Welcome to the future of personalized healthcare!